Research and Innovation Showcase
On 28 August 2014 from 4:00pm to 6:00pm in Newcastle, the Defence and Security Innovation Cluster will host a Research and Innovation Showcase where some of their top researchers will give presentations on their research capabilities, their current work with defence and practical examples of how their research can and has been applied to solve real life challenges.
- Professor Paul Dastoor - Inkjet and Reel-to-Reel Printing of Electronic Sensors
- Associate Professor Ljiljana Brankovic - Cyber Security and Data Protection
- Dr Andrew Fleming - Precision Mechatronics
- Associate Professor Alan Brichta - Understanding Vestibular Disorder
- Professor Carolyn Mountford - Neurochemical biomarkers in the diagnosis of mild brain injury and PTSD
- Associate Professor Wayne Reynolds - Australian Defence Policy
The presentations will be followed by a networking opportunity. The university's Research Development team will also be on hand to facilitate connections between industry and researchers.
Click here to Register to Attend
About the UON Defence and Secruity Innovation Cluster
The University of Newcastle (UON) Defence and Security Innovation Cluster aims to encourage greater engagement between University of Newcastle researchers and the established defence industry in Newcastle and the Hunter Region.
Through the development of a framework for collaboration, the Cluster aims to create an environment where new opportunities for innovative solutions and research breakthroughs can be generated and translated into practise for the benefit of the defence sector and its personnel.
For more information regarding the Defence and Security Innovation Cluster, visit the cluster website