Hunter ER providers get $62K boost
Minister for Social Services, Scott Morrison, has announced one-off funding of $62,000 has been extended to a number of Hunter Emergency Relief (ER) providers in response to the April super storm.
The Federal Government provides ER funding to community organisations that help people address immediate basic needs in times of financial crisis. ER is generally provided in the form of material and financial aid, including food parcels or items, clothes, bedding, household items, vouchers (for example supermarket, utilities, petrol) and, in limited circumstances, cash.
Eight local organisations will receive the funding:
• Dungog Information & Neighbourhood Service Inc.
• Raymond Terrace Neighbourhood Centre Inc.
• Samaritans Foundation Diocese
• Maitland Neighbourhood Centre Inc.
• Swansea Community Cottage
• Singleton Neighbourhood Centre
• Mindaribba Local Aboriginal Land Council